> p.s. Would it be to bold to ask for a eta of the final version 4  :-?

We do not have more news reserved for the final version (till now, at
least). This version is alpha mainly because it has a lot of changes, and
so we want to "test" our ideas before a final commitment. It is fully
tested, and should have no implementation bugs; but it can have some
"design" bugs...

(Well, after the discussion in the list, maybe the final version will
have "globals as tables"; we are studying that.)

-- Roberto