>From: "Martin Dvorak" <mdvorak@ninell.cz>
>
>I still can't get rid of a feeling that more tag methods
>means less performance

The number of tag methods does not affect performance.
The use of tag methods does, but only slightly (essentially one more C call
and one more Lua call, plus of course whatever you do in the tag method itself).

As I have said before in this list, I sympathize with the concerns about
performance, but it's notorious that we programmers are very bad at detecting
performance bottlenecks. This is even more true for interpreted languages.
So, the only way to know is to measure the time taken by your programs.
In any case, Lua is one of the fastest languages around, and 4.0 is even faster
than 3.2.
--lhf