Hi all.  I'm new here and with Lua, so please be gentle.

In our application, Lua will be running on an embedded platform.  To be
specific, it's a PowerPC platform, but that could change.  Our development
happens on a Sun.  While Lua source code is obviously portable between the
two platforms (it's just text), what about the object form of Lua-- that
is, code compiled by luac.  Can I take object code from luac running on the
Sun platform and expect it to work under the PowerPC or other platforms?
Generalizing, is the object code platform independent?

If not, is this addressed at all by the new object code format of the next
Lua?