On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 07:38:24AM -0300, Nick Trout wrote:
> This is what I find nice about Python you dont have to go round the
> houses all the time to find solutions to programming styles ie. in
> Lua it seems you're constantly trying to emulate the behaviour of
> other languages because a feature you would like is lacking! Now you
> can see this as both a pain and great feature

I'd just like to quickly use your own words to prove the point of a

All this stuff you're talking about in Python which you like is
definetly added complexity.

While I might agree with the statment that the Python language
distribution is more immediately useful for software development,
Python is definetly more complex than Lua.

My (very short) list of languages simpler than Lua is: SELF,
Scheme/LISP, Forth.

However, if you rank them by real-world usefulness, Lua ends up on
top. :)

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net