> There is a stock set of such macros in the language specification
> which permit it to support object-oriented[1] programming and
> procedural programming out-of-the-box.

Oops.  I forgot to amplify on the [1] above.

[1] Dylan's approach to object-oriented programming will shock and annoy
most C++, Java or Eiffel programmers.  Classes are not bundles of data and
operations, for example.  They just have the data (from the logical
perspective).  Further classes are not the unit of access control.  All
class members are public.  Methods are not dispatched from a single special
argument (the C++ "this" pointer for example) but are rather dispatched by
all arguments.  Because of this methods are not necessarily bound to
specific classes.