Don't know but your first idea is good for me ...

Here is what I will do :

function on_XXX1
end

function on_XXX2
end

function on_XXX3
end

function testfunction(funcname)
	if strsub(funcname,0,3) == 'on_' then
		registerHandler(funcname)
	end
end

foreachvar(testfunction)

Then, for an incoming event I'll just have to see if a qualified handler exist for that object...