> On Sat 18 Mar, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>
> > We, the Lua team, have periodic meetings in which we mostly discuss what
> > *remove* from Lua (without breaking anything) rather than what to add!
> > --lhf
>
> Here, at last, some wisdom. There is so much good software that
> could be even better with fewer features. There are popular
> M*cr*s*ft products with user interfaces that make the cockpit
> of a Jumbo Jet look like child's play. Please do not be seduced
> into making Lua bigger for the sake of fashion.
> --

That's what I call wisdom!
Although I'm not Lua-wizard, I'm experienced C++ (and some other languages)
programmer and I agree 100%.
I like Lua because it is _small_, has clean syntax and its extension
capabilities are powerful.
Don't try to turn it into Swiss-army knife - or you'll end up with Perl...

Maciej