From:           	"Ashley Fryer" <lua@bmarket.com>
Subject:        	RE: Using console I/O under windows

> Cool idea, I'm sure it will come in handy.
>
> There is one minor bug in the code as shown:

(...)

> IE you really wanted to use the global "Console" variable, not create
> another local variable.

Yup. Actually the code I'm using isn't exactly like that, I'm using C++ and the
HANDLE variable is defined inside the class... When I copied the text I put the
definition inside the first function, then I saw it had to be defined outside,
so I wrote it as a global variable, but forgot to edit the thing.

Well, as people say, to herr is uman. :)

> As for repositioning the window, you can do a FindWindow on the caption "Lua
> Console" and then a SetWindowPos on the HWND you get back.  Not the most
> elegant solution, but I doubt there's a better one.

I think this will do it, I'll do some experimentation later and will report the
results here.

> Regards,
> ashley

Same,
Ken

Kenneth Rochel de Camargo, Jr. MD PhD
Associate Professor - Social Medicine Institute
Rio de Janeiro State U. - Brazil
e-mail: kenneth@uerj.br
http://usuarios.uninet.com.br/~kcamargo/