Ken Rawlings <krawling@shooter.bluemarble.net> wrote:

>    Has any work been done on porting Luasock to Win32? There's a fair
>    amount of Unix-specific code in Luasock.

Lua sock is also specific to certain Unixes. I couldn't get it to compile on
NeXTstep for example. Although python, which comes with socket libraries,
compiled without problems. It would be great if one could get a single package
with all the good lua libraries that compiled and worked on a number of platforms.
I think that this, more than anything else, would help make Lua a more popular
(and usefull) scripting language.

Steve