Yes, it works.  I put Lua in a .DLL, then link my C++ Builder app (Borland's
C++-instead-of-OOPascal Delphi), which is contained in a .DLL, to the
linking lib.  Then I link my main app (in MSVC) to the linking libs for both
of them.  Voila!  They all share the same process space so there's no danger
of two "instances" of Lua.  You can even load up the tool .DLL explicitly
rather than linking to it... I did that with our tools so I could take them
out at ship time.

Bret