[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: packed structures
- From: Hugo Musso Gualandi <hgualandi@...>
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 09:56:58 -0300
- Program Size: Code=98340 RO-data=14208 RW-data=240 ZI-data=73832
- During execution for some typical 100 line Lua program (using
exclusively baselib), the Allocator shows max 14872 bytes (291
I would expect that packing the TValues would save memory for Lua
arrays, but not change the memory usage in other places. To test this
change in particular it might be better to use a benchmark that has a
larger percentage of memory dedicated to Lua arrays.
That said, if it doesn't degrade the performance of regular Lua code,
that would be good news.