[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: The Future of Computing and Programming Languages
- From: "Jasper Klein" <jasper@...>
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 16:43:47 +0200
Op Sat, 24 Oct 2020 16:41:21 +0200 schreef Jasper Klein <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
Op Tue, 20 Oct 2020 01:13:42 +0200 schreef Gavin Holt <email@example.com>:
Purely for information, not to start a discussion about the future direction of Lua.
Uncle Bob has made an entertaining video about 'The Last Programming Language'. 
Lua is not mentioned in the video but it may be of interest for the reader on this list.
Some of the points that he wants to see in the last programming language are;
* A simple syntax.
* No goto statement.
* Polymorphism (and encapsulation).
* Garbage collection.
* Abstract/not tied to hardware.
* Must run in a virtual machine.
* Access to all frameworks and work with other languages.
Classic mistake, forgot the link: