[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: lua 5.4 calls __gc twice, sometimes
- From: Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@...>
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 11:22:25 -0300
> I continue to try to reduce the repro, but the lua vm fights me
> It really does help to have a large application, and the objects and stacks have to be large - every time I try to reduce the problem - the repro chance drops nearly to zero
A few questions:
- Are you using the generational mode in the collector?
- Does the bug happen in both modes (generational and incremental)?
- Just to be sure, the 'new_proxy' function is exactly as you
presented (including the __gc method), or have you simplified it
to present here?
Unless I am missing something, commit 1d8920dd7 changed only the
handling of GC parameters. If that is true, then maybe the bug
was already there, but GC parameters changes the chances of it
happening? Can you try your program with different GC parameters
to see what happens?
Many thanks for your help,
lua-l mailing list -- email@example.com
To unsubscribe send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org