[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Bug in Lua 5.3? (was Re: Non-uniqueness of module names)
- From: Sean Conner <sean@...>
- Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 18:52:32 -0400
Okay, some more playing around, I think I got this working.
So I have mod-v1.2.3 and mod-2.0.1. To start with, they can't have those
names, they need to be mod-v1.so and mod-2.so. Then, to include these:
mod123_1 = require "mod-v1"
mod123_2 = require "mod-v1.2"
mod123_3 = require "mod-v1.2.3"
mod201_1 = require "mod-2"
mod201_2 = require "mod-2.0"
mod201_3 = require "mod-2.0.1"
Furthermore, from some investigation, the module is only found by the last
searcher, the *all-in-one* loader. So mod123_1, mod123_2 and mod123_3 are
all the same module; same with mod201_1, mod201_2 and mod201_3.
This is ... less than useful.
This can work if I name the modules mod-1-2-3.so, mod-1-2-4.so (which I
added, testing this out) and mod-2-0-1.so. So now I can do:
local a = require "a" -- calls require "mod-1-2-3"
local b = require "b" -- calls require "mod-1-2-4"
local c = require "c" -- calls require "mod-2-0-1"
This is module a
This is module mod-1.2.3 -- print statement out of date
This is module b
This is module mod-1.2.4 -- I didn't bother changing these
This is module c
This is module mod-2.0.1
Man, is that unintuitive. But it does work with Lua modules as well. I
can rename a.lua, b.lua and c.lua to a-1-0-0.lua, a-1-1-0.lua and
a-2-0-0.lua, change the above to:
local a = require "a-1-0-0"
local b = require "a-1-1-0"
local c = require "a-2-0-0"
and it still works. Ugly though.