[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Feliz Ano Novo
- From: Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@...>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 09:10:31 +0000
As the new year begins it is time to reflect on what was achieved last
year and plan for the year ahead. As I look back at Ravi, the
following work was started in 2018:
* A new VM written in X86-64 assember using dynasm - this got stalled
because I wanted to make some changes to the byte code format.
* A new parser and code generator was started - only the AST
generation is done so far.
* A new JIT backend based on Eclipse OMR project was added.
* A distribution of Ravi and Lua 5.3 was started.
As I look to 2019, there is much I would like to do - but these days I
have little time to work on Ravi, so am not sure what will actually
* Firstly it would be nice to finish all the work started in 2018.
* Release 1.0 of Ravi
* Incorporate features from Lua 5.4 where possible.
I wish you all the best for 2019 and hope that you get closer to your dreams!