[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] mmdblua 0.1 released
- From: Daurnimator <quae@...>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 14:22:02 +1100
I'm happy to announce the first release of mmdblua.
mmdblua is a lua library to read MaxMind's Geolocation database format.
This database is the most common source of Geo-IP data; you'll
probably want to download a database from Maxmind.
The mmdblua library was something I originally wrote back during the
2013 lua workshop as a quick side project, but as I've recently found
out there are quite a few people and projects using it. Recognising
this, I did a bit of code cleanup and figured I should tag a release.
I'm sorry but I haven't had time to write documentation for the
library yet, so it won't be super friendly for new users.
- This release: https://github.com/daurnimator/mmdblua/releases/tag/v0.1
- Homepage: https://github.com/daurnimator/mmdblua
- On luarocks: https://luarocks.org/modules/daurnimator/mmdblua
- Free GeoLite2 database: https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/
- Me: http://daurnimator.com/