[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 2.4.2
- From: Deepak Jois <deepak.jois@...>
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 10:01:02 +0530
On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Deepak Jois <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> /usr/local is not writable.
> The following subdirectories (and their immediate subdirectories)
> under /usr/local are all writable
> - /usr/local/lib/luarocks
> - /usr/local/share/lua
> - /usr/local/lib/lua
I decided to try something. I reinstalled Lua using Homebrew. This
time it installed without LuaRocks. After that I installed LuaRocks by
downloading a tarball. I noticed a few things:
1. `make bootstrap` throws an error ‘Your user does not have write
permissions in /usr/local’
2. `make build` and `make install` work. However, now if I do
`luarocks install <package>` or `luarocks remove <package>, it gives
me the same error as above.
So looks like for now my only option is to install LuaRocks outside of
/usr/local, which is a bit inconvenient.