[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: How to extract a floating point number locale-independantly
- From: Daurnimator <quae@...>
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 23:53:32 +1000
On 26 April 2016 at 23:46, Daurnimator <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Two is dubious; this "fix" may affect people that count on this
> I do agree others might be relying on this. This may mean it can't be
> fixed until 5.4.
I'm pondering if this is okay to make it into a "bugfix" release:
- the documented behaviour is closer to the new behaviour than the
- luajit embeds it's own strtod that doesn't care about the locale;
and hence has the proposed behaviour already.
- fix existing code that is currently broken in non-C locales
- lua will have a new deficiency: no way to parse a number in the
- could break existing code