[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: State usability after panic
- From: Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@...>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:32:22 -0200
> Good, good. So what level of stack manipulation would be considered
> safe? Can I, say, safely retrieve a number from the registry? Again,
> thank you so much for the explanation.
We will update the manual. The panic function can do anything, except
1) it cannot return (or else Lua aborts the program).
2) it must check for stack space before pushing anything.