[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] lgi 0.3 Lua binding using gobject-introspection
- From: Pavel Holejsovsky <pavel.holejsovsky@...>
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 20:08:42 +0100
Hello Lua hackers,
lgi 0.3 (alpha series) was released. It is available either from
luarocks (luarocks install lgi) or from its new github homepage, .
Any comments or other feedback will be greatly appreciated, use github
issue tracker  for reporting bugs.
The list of changes since previous 0.2 version:
- Project hosting moved to GitHub.
- Build system switched from `waf` to simple Makefile-based one
- Added automatic locking of thread-sensitive libraries (Gdk and
Clutter). There is no need to add `Gdk.threads_enter()`,
`Gdk.threads_leave()` and `Clutter.threads_enter()`,
`Clutter.threads_leave()` pairs into application, lgi handles this
- Added new sample `samples/console.lua`, which implements already
quite usable Lua console using Gtk widgets.
- Fixes for compatibility with older gobject-introspection 0.10.8
- Testsuite is not built automatically, because building it can be
apparently problematic on some systems, causing installation failure
even when testsuite is not needed at all.
- Remove `setlocale()` initialization, which could break Lua when used
with some regional locales. The downside of this change is that
marshaling filenames containing non-ASCII characters on systems
which define `G_BROKEN_FILENAMES` environment variable (probably
only Fedora 15) does not work now.