[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: lua license question
- From: Christiaan Kras <c.kras@...>
- Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:21:35 +0200
Op 24-6-2011 14:09, Vasiliy G Tolstov schreef:
On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 12:59 +0100, David Given wrote:
Vasiliy G Tolstov wrote:
Thank You. If i wont distribute my daemon like lua i need as-is
I believe the MIT license can be translated roughly as:
- you can't claim you wrote it
- you must include the Lua license somewhere in your documentation
- otherwise, do what you like with it.
So you can embed a copy of Lua in your code, and as long as somewhere
you say 'This code uses Lua under the terms of the license agreement
here...' you're covered.
I believe with the MIT license you don't have to include the license for
Lua in your compiled project at all. Only when you release the source
code of your project with the Lua source code you have to keep the
license for Lua intact.
I could be wrong though.