[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: newproxy, bug
- From: HyperHacker <hyperhacker@...>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:51:28 -0700
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 16:32, Mike Pall <email@example.com> wrote:
> Geoff Leyland wrote:
>> If, that is, there was any advantage of newproxy over a proxy
>> table. Anyone know if there is one?
> Userdata proxies are faster (*) and they can't be messed up by
> accident with rawset() or table.insert(). And of course they are
> the best choice for real sandboxing.
Doesn't 5.2 add __insert as well, and some other useful metamethods?
(On a semi-related note, does string.format call tostring (and by
extension __tostring) in 5.2? Having to do that manually always annoys
Sent from my toaster.
- newproxy, bug, joao lobato
- Re: newproxy, bug, Roberto Ierusalimschy
- Re: newproxy, bug, Javier Guerra Giraldez
- Re: newproxy, bug, Geoff Leyland
- Re: newproxy, bug, Mike Pall