[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: ANN: xctrl module for Lua
- From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek@...>
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:47:43 -0500
Xctrl is a Lua module that allows you to query and manipulate various aspects
of an X11 window manager and the windows it manages. Based largely on code
from Tomas Styblo's "wmctrl" command-line tool, with some additional features.
What it can do:
* Return a list of all top-level windows.
* Retrieve window information such as title, class name, and geometry.
* Set the title of a window.
* Move and resize windows.
* Move windows from one virtual desktop to another.
* Set various window properties, e.g. "minimized", "sticky", "topmost".
* Raise a window and give it the focus.
* Politely request the closing of a window.
* Send "fake" keyboard events to a window.
* Set and get the X selections and clipboard.
Get it from: http://jkp.t35.com/