[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Mailing list etiquette: do NOT press 'reply' when starting a new thread
- From: Asko Kauppi <askok@...>
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:38:23 +0300
Since this still happens so often, I am bothering everyone on the list.
Pressing 'reply' to start a new thread is easy for the poster. You get
the Lua list address (firstname.lastname@example.org) without needing to
copy/paste or type it.
Unfortunately, it has the following consequences:
- it completely messes up mail clients (s.a. OS X Mail) that can show
i.e. the "LuaJIT performance" thread remained "clean" for quite a
while. Now it's merged with "How to create multi-dimensional table in
- it messes up the threads also in the Lua list archive, so "next in
thread" won't actually do as it says
PLEASE, stop this habit, and someone please take on the habit of
mentioning it to newcomers who don't know.
Just press 'New message'. :)