[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] Prosody 0.5.0 released
- From: Matthew Wild <mwild1@...>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 22:45:59 +0100
We are pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.5.0.
Prosody is a lightweight Jabber/XMPP server written in Lua. It aims
to be flexible, easy to extend, and simple to use for both users
and developers alike.
This release is something of a milestone, both with respect to the
version number, and in that we have restructured and decentralised
Prosody's core routing code.
The benefits of the changes include greater flexibility, performance,
and allowing modules to catch and filter any stanza types they need to.
Significantly, even the handling of the standard message, presence and
iq stanza types is now performed by automatically-loaded core plugins.
Apart from the internal and API changes, this release finally brings us
much-anticipated support for PEP. Remember to add "pep" to your config
if you are upgrading from a previous release! :)
The following is a summary of changes since the previous version:
* New mod_presence, mod_message and mod_iq to modularise routing
* Support for modules to finally intercept any routed stanza
* mod_pep: PEP support (user tune, mood, activity and more)
* New util.muc API to ease development of custom MUC-based services
* Support for requiring encryption of client connections
* Improved telnet console, with c2s:show() and s2s:show()
* mod_groups: "shared roster" support to configure groups
* mod_announce: Plugin to send announcement to all online users
* mod_welcome: New plugin to welcome users who register accounts
* mod_watchregistrations: Plugin to alert admins of registrations
* Many optimisations and performance improvements
That about sums it up! We're already looking forward to 0.6, where
we are planning to complete our MUC support, and add support for
more storage backends.
The Prosody Team