[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] nixio 0.3 - System, Networking and I/O library
- From: Phoenix Sol <phoenix@...>
- Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:09:34 -0500
Holy smokes, this looks awesome. Thanks for sharing, Steven.
( I feel like a kid in a toy store playing with it... )
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Steven Barth <email@example.com>
I'm happy to announce version 0.3 of nixio, a well-documented multipurpose Lua
library offering system, networking (IPv4, IPv6 and UNIX), I/O (Files, Pipes,
UDP-, TCP-, and TLS-sockets), byte manipulation, hashing and other useful
nixio is FOSS under the Apache 2 license and has been successfully compiled
under Linux/glibc, Linux/uClibc, FreeBSD, OpenSolaris and Windows XP and later
(using MinGW, no full POSIX support). It's also the base library for my GSoC
project this year.
Source Tarball: http://dev.luci.freifunk-halle.net/nixio/nixio-0.3.tar.bz2
Changes from version 0.2:
* Added getifaddrs() function.
* Added getsockopt(), setsockopt(), getsockname() and getpeername() directly
to TLS-socket objects unifying the socket interface.
* Added support for CyaSSL as cryptographical backend.
* Added support for x509 certificates in DER format.
* Added support for splice() in UnifiedIO.copyz().
* Added interface to inject chunks into UnifiedIO.linesource() buffer.
* Changed TLS behaviour to explicitely separate servers and clients.
* Fixed usage of signed datatype breaking Base64 decoding.
* Fixed namespace clashes for nixio.fs.
* Fixed splice() support for some exotic C libraries.
* Reconfigure axTLS cryptographical provider and mark it as obsolete.