[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] LuaDBI initial alpha release
- From: KUBO Takehiro <kubo@...>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:46:54 +0900
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Neil Richardson <email@example.com> wrote:
> Website: http://code.google.com/p/luadbi/
> Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/luadbi/w/list
> LuaDBI is a database interface library for Lua. It is designed to provide a
> RDBMS agnostic API for handling database operations. LuaDBI also provides
> support for prepared statement handles, placeholders and bind parameters for
> all database operations.
> Currently LuaDBI supports DB2, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite
> databases with native database drivers.
> This in an initial alpha release - all features should work as specified but
> there may be bugs still inside. All bug reports are greatly appreciated.
Great! I looked at oracle and postgresql drivers. I found a few bugs.
- bind parameters
If a sql statement changes a bind value, the return value of
changed. It makes lua string smash.
- memory leaks at least three lines.
- Prepared statements are not deallocated. It makes resource leaks in
- Prepared statement are not alway good for performance.
Look at my post to ruby-dbi. This is not a bug. It depends on your choice.
I can make a patch for Oracle at the next weekend or the weekend after next.
But sorry, I won't make a patch for postgresql.
I have a question.
- Do you have plan to support out bind parameters.