[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Accented characters: setting locale doesn't work
- From: David Haley <dchaley@...>
- Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:00:31 -0800
> The mentioned postings refer to single-byte locales (e.g.
> ISO-8859-*) which is the only thing standard Lua supports
Ah, I didn't realize that. Well, I also tried saving my source text in
latin1, and it wasn't working either. I don't seem to have a non-utf8
French locale installed to test, but:
> But there's slnunicode: http://luaforge.net/projects/sln/
this is what I cared about anyhow.
> [Note: this solves string matching, but UTF-8 variable names
> in the source code would need a patched Lua core.]
Fortunately for me, I only really care about string matching; the
variable names were just exploring the problem based on the postings
that I saw.
Thanks for the pointer!