[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: callback params - which is fastest?
- From: Asko Kauppi <asko.kauppi@...>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:50:21 +0300
I'd like to hear you "gut feelings" on three different ways to pass
callback parameters to a Lua handler.
It's about a fairly large buffer (say, 4096 8-bit integers) that the
Lua side would be interested to get. Now, candidates are:
+ conceptually "the right thing"
- performance must be lowest?
b) ... (lots of integer values):
+ fast to send, fast to receive
- is there a limit to the number of args one can get? is 10000 too
+ fastest to send (no conversion, just cast Uint8 buffer to 'const
- fast to receive, but individual values need to be extracted by
So, which one would you opt? Eventually, I will do performance
valuations & might post them here.
But.. who's got the right guts? :)