[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: lpack "other-endian" numbers?
- From: sessile <sessile@...>
- Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:39:55 -0400
At 12:19 AM 4/27/2004 -0300, lhf wrote:
>Would anyone happen to have modified lhf's lpack library to work with
>numbers that are in stored with endianness opposite of the native system?
I've updated lpack to handle this by adding three new codes:
- After seeing <, all numbers are packed/unpacked in little endian order
- After seeing >, all numbers are packed/unpacked in big endian order
- After seeing =, all numbers are packed/unpacked in native endian order
Get lpack at the usual place:
I hope it helps. Enjoy.
Thanks for this. It is an improvement over the byte-flipping
hackery I had been using for unpacking (haven't tried packing