[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Can this be done? (loading extensions from dlls / so's at runti me)
- From: Martin Spernau <martin@...>
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:14:38 +0200
I think Asko was searching for a more generic libary loading than
loadlib suppliues (which loads lua-specific extensions, that handle the
dll loading and function exporting)
Well. alll this has actually been discussed before, but I have yet to
see a solution that loads dll's generically like say VisualBasic does
with the 'declare'
I believe ther is a generic function loader for Linux, part of the
luagnome project (http://luagnome.free.fr/luaffi.php3)
I've yet to see something like this for Windows, tho, and would be very
intersted in such.
The LuaCOM http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~rcerq/luacom/ might well suit
some purposes here...
1. I'd use a generic "lua interpreter" (like the one provided in the
2. In the lua scripts run through that interpreter, they'd say "load
my_extensions.so" (or something like that), dynamically linking to the
functions etc. resources within the ".so".
This isn't possible with the current implementation, right?
No, because it depends on system-specific code for dynamically linking.
For a simple addon that does that for Unix and Windows, see