[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Licensing question
- From: Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@...>
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:23:03 -0300
> I also apologise to but in here, but if I understand what the
> FSF says, it is exactly the requirement that the copyright is
> mentioned in the documentation that could cause incompatiblity
> with the GPL. The problem with the GPL is that it forbids any
> extra limitations on distribution outside the GPL.
I don't think this is a problem. The following licenses are all
* The modified BSD licence: "Redistributions in binary form must
reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and
the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials
provided with the distribution."
* Standard ML of New Jersey Copyright Notice: "provided that [...] both
the copyright notice and this permission notice and warranty disclaimer
appear in supporting documentation"