[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Lua running on PalmOS!
- From: Lenny Palozzi <lenny.palozzi@...>
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 01:46:48 -0500
I hacked a version of Lua to run on PalmOS.
* used latest gcc tools
* compiled with PalmOS v2 SDK
* running on PalmOS 3.1 (that's all I have), should run on PalmOS 2!
* followed LTN 2 for a minimal version
* rewrote Lua's generic memory allocator
- used memory handles so memory is not allocated in the limited dynamic heap
- memory allocation is the most difficult issue of this port. Different
versions of PalmOS have different limitations.
- different strategies could be used to support each version
* commented a few calls to unsupported functions (fgetc, etc...)
* test app(very limited) and Lua compiled as single executable.
* am able to register a C function and call it from lua, manipulate global
variables (and opening and closing of Lua states of course)
Not sure where I will go with this, a stable port maybe? Comments?