Am Sa., 18. Nov. 2023 um 10:59 Uhr schrieb Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>:

> See https://www.lua.org/versions.html#numbering.

Do you really see the VM Lua bytecode changes there?

If I search for "bytecode" on this page, I see only one entry of its
introduction in Lua 1.1?

... btw: Is there some chance that in some future Lua release
(hopefully next Lua realease?), the Lua byte code file will be aligned
to "Lua instruction byte size" (or at least to 32bit)? (so that no
problem to keep Lua byte code in ROM for large program code (for
lundump.c, function "loadCode"), if this large program code is flashed
to the ROM code of some embedded ARM 32bit controller (e. g. STM32))?
(see my last entry to thread "Re: luac to create 32bit Lua byte code"
from Oct 24).