This question might have come up earlier, but I have not seen it. Thus I dare to ask.

With ipairs() a table is walked through the array sequence in the table.
With pairs() all elements are visited while traversing the table, the sequence as well as the records.
However, sometimes I need to visit the record keys only, leaving the elements of the sequence out.
Of course I can do:
for k,v in pairs(t) do
if not tonumber(k) then ... end
end

But why isn't there a kpairs() for the record keys? I think it would make some programs easier, especially where the relevant pairs() function is passed to another function.

If I am wrong I will gladly hear it.

yours sincerely
dr. Hans van der Meer