On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 at 05:23, Pierre Chapuis <lua@catwell.info> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2023, at 23:13, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > We commemorate 30 years of Lua today: The earliest implementation of
> > Lua that we have found to date has files dated 28 Jul 1993.
> >
> > We are planning a Lua Workshop in Rio to commemorate 30 years of Lua.
> > The event will be held at PUC-Rio on 17 October:
> > https://www.lua.org/wshop23.html
>
> I did the math, and I have been using Lua for over half of those 30
> years (I started in early 2007, and yes it was already 5.1 by then!)

I also did the math and if we're counting from LuaRocks 1.0, that's 30
years of Lua and 15 years of LuaRocks! (It did have a significant 0.x
pre-history, though!)

My plan is to attend the workshop! I see it is on a Tuesday, is it
going to be a single-day event?

Congratulations to the Lua team, and many thanks for the immense
impact on my career!

-- Hisham