A group of us are considering building a LUA virtual machine on an FPGA.

This could be used for the high level control of an FPGA, for debugging it, and for the user interface.
We could also speed up some of the slowest parts in hardware.

What do you think?

I know that LUA is big in embedded applications.  How about in real time applications?  Are there many LUA FPGA applications out there?

I am new to Lua, but it does appear to be the best language for building a REPL on an FPGA.   And Lua is reportedly growing at 50% a year!

Thanks for your guidance.

Christopher Lozinski
@UncensoredNews@Mastodon.Social