I am working on a Lua project where the main Lua code is under a src/ directory and the binaries are in bin/

    bin/
      myexe
    src/
      foo/bar.lua
      foo/baz.lua

Currently, I call `luarocks make` every time I change the code. I like that I lets me run "myexe" instead of "./bin/myexe" and I also like that it figures out that the stuff inside src/ should be copied to the LUA_PATH.

However, calling luarocks every time is inconvenient while I'm actively working on the code. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? What is your preferred workflow to deal with this?

-- Hugo