On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 12:20 PM Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
On Tue, 2 May 2023 at 14:38, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> What is really sad is that people had 20 days to point out issues,
> and nothing. Then, hours after the freeze they come shouting at us,
> as if we had just announced something completely unexpected.

I suspect people don't try out a beta or RC version.

I only saw rc2 announcement, and had hoped to have time to try
it on FreeBSD's boot loader and base system tools before the release,
but couldn't find the time in the one week in between....  I've not
found time to try the 5.4.5 that was released either... If there's an rc
before 5.4.6, though, I'll do the testing now that I've puzzled out the
'cheap and easy' way to do that.

Warner