You BROKE THE ABI with this version

I'd suggest not writing in all caps, as that is typically interpreted as angry shouting, which is offensive and not productive.
David

On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 5:44 PM Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> [...]

 Luiz> If there is no further feedback on Lua 5.4.5, we'll freeze it
 Luiz> next week, and it will become the current release of Lua 5.4.

You BROKE THE ABI with this version by adding a parameter to an existing
function (lua_resetthread).

A program compiled against 5.4.(0-4) run against a shared library from
5.4.5 will therefore almost certainly crash, and despite my previous
protests on this matter, there is no sane way for a program to detect
the minor version of the library that it has been linked to. (And
luaL_checkversion won't detect this mismatch.)

--
Andrew.