Thank you, Roberto Ierusalimschy. At least now I know where to start.

One question for the group, though.

> - Avoid features that behave differently in C++.

I never learned enough C++ to know what these are, or if I did I forgot. Is there a canonical list somewhere?

Frank Mitchell

P.S. As far as warnings go ... it always amazes me when I build an established project from source and the compiler issues warnings. Some compiler incompatibilities are inevitable, but I would think any and every compiler would catch unused variables, suspicious implicit casts, and the like. Just because you *can* do anything in C doesn't mean you *should*.