On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 at 01:47, Steven Hall <shallnot@live.ca> wrote:
> Hmm. f{} is not f() so no consistency is really needed. And besides there is a saying about a foolish consistency…

It is not needed, but it is nice to have it.

> If
> ```
> f (
> a,
> b,
> nil)
> ```
> doesn’t thrill then how about

Has they told you, forgetting efficiency concerns, it passes an extra
parameter. Called may behave differently.

> ```
> f (
> a,
> b,
> ...)
> ```

And this passes an unknown number of them.

No trailing comma is not needed anyway, so subsituting it for a more
complex thing is not too worthwhile, there are situations in which it
is useful like i.e.
sql_query_in_one_line = str_join(' ',
"SELECT patatin patan",
somevariable,
"FROM here there",
othervariable,
"WHERE this and that",
)
( Not real code, I named it sql because query building is one place
where they happen a lot to me, and they have lot of lines which I move
around during dev phase )

I normally write these things like this, as the first parameters
normally do not change/move:
sql_query_in_one_line = str_join(' '
,"SELECT patatin patan"
,somevariable
,"FROM here there"
,othervariable
,"WHERE this and that"
)
Just to preserve the "lines can be shuffled around".

Anyway, not needed, it has it uses, and it seems not that difficult to do.

Francisco Olarte.