On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 12:42:00 PM CST, Frank Mitchell <frank_mitchell_us@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Or maybe I'm misunderstanding this Task model.

Heh, yeah, should have reread the bit at the end of my own message that I forgot to delete. You're using Lua threads to mask the complexity of O.S. threads in a C library. What I was calling a Future gets the result of an O.S. thread; the Lua side can continue on its merry way or wait on the Future to, well, arrive. Or it can drop the thing, which is where your question comes in.

Seems like someone beat me to the CSP framework. (Along with Erlang and JavaScript.)

Frank Mitchell