>> The width in %45s is used to right-justify the string by padding on
>> the left with spaces.
> My point was that I can well imagine use cases where someone do want
> to right-justify a, say, 150 char string in a 200 char field, [...]

I don't know what Luiz meant to be replying to, but it does occur to me
that Roberto wrote of "a simple a secure way to [...] avoid buffer
overflow", and pointing out that the field width does not limit the
printed string length _is_ a valid point in response to _that_.  The
"avoid buffer overflow" text got lost somewhere in the quoting in what
I saw, though, so even if that was the point it may not have been
apparent.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@rodents-montreal.org