Would something like this regex work for you?

/sport($|/.*)

att,
--
Paul Eipper

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 5:54 PM Tristan Kohl <tristankohl@web.de> wrote:
Hi folks,

I am implementing a module that mimics a MQTT broker. For this I am
transforming topics passed to the register function so I can run
string.match() on incoming messages.

Right now I am stuck how to correctly handle the multilevel wildcard:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v3.1.1/os/mqtt-v3.1.1-os.html#_Toc398718107

Suppose the topic filter "/sport/#" and these published message topics:
/sport
/sport/racing
/sport/racing/champion
/sporting

Only the first three are allowed to match, so "/sport.*" is not an
option as that would match the forth one as well. On the other hand
"/sport/.*" would not match the first one.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Tristan