If one must resort to such “trickery” then it would seem that a for loop is probably not the best solution. Perhaps while/do or repeat/until is a better option? We might file this in the same category of self-modifying code.

Of course, it is just a caution, so do so at your own peril and when *you* find a bad case do let us know.

Notice also the same “You should not…” is mentioned for the generic for loop as well.