Perhaps it's better to just add a third call argument with the status, and tolerate the non-intuitive ordering.

I haven't looked at the implementation, but a bigger question may be whether the status is available to the code currently invoking __close.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 10:34 PM Lars Müller <appgurulars@gmx.de> wrote:
Another possible solution would be to pass no value as second argument
to __close.