On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 1:32 AM Tom Becker <tom_becker@bd.com> wrote:

This is really good. I like the way the features are presented as incremental development. It would be neat to see diffs for each increment showing what code needed to be added or changed for the new functionality.

For now, I've added a diff file to the gist.

https://gist.github.com/belm0/abbe9acb832eafa10dcbfd2b26eb74fc#file-trio_changes-diff

I’d like to see (eventually) examples of composing tasks from multiple modules. Do the tasks have to use a common nursery? If a concurrent API hides its nursery from clients, can its APIs be composed? Will they support error handling and cancellation?

It's no different than programming without concurrency.  I work on a Python production app that has 100's of nurseries active at a time, forming whatever task hierarchy that has grown organically.  We don't have to think about it-- in fact, most of the developers are "casual" coders (animators and other non-computer science disciplines).  This is what an order-of-magnitude simplification affords.  (If you're interested in our use case, I had a PyCon talk on productive concurrency:  https://trio.discourse.group/t/talk-productive-concurrency-with-trio-pycon-jp)