On 6/29/22, Lots of People wrote:
...<stuff>...

Thanks all for the suggestions and pointers.

Couldn't really give too much detail as I'm still figuring out exactly what I need. May change my mind entirely at this point.

A basic idea is of the main app firing off worker scripts(thread/Lua state) which occasionally need to carry live state data between calls but, for flexibility, not knowing what state (if any) is needed until the worker has figured it out. So, some way for the worker to create/grab live states as it needs.

Obviously, there's a lot of details to sort out (lifetime of live states, safe access to them, etc.), but it looks like I can go this way.

Scott