On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 4:09 PM Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:

> so, a given editor invents some "convention" (that i've never heard of)....
>
> ... but don't implement actual syntax
>
> does it make any sense?

To me it makes sense, I am really very happy about Visual Code (use
Sumneco Lua extension), also usually I dislike many things of MS very
much ... .

For the basic syntax to my experience it is really very useful, at
least for my short Lua programs - also our trainees like it very much.

Also nice how you can quite easily define your own help support for
"customized library functions" using Lua text files, and inside the
help comments markup editing syntax is supported for nice formatting.

I tried SciTe and especially Notepad++ before, but these are MUCH less
powerful editors for such Lua programming (strangely even Visual
Studio is MUCH less powerful editor compared to the free-of-cost
available Visual Code).

You are right, this ":" defect is a bit annoying, but really only a bit... .